DAGCO Electronics has created this privacy statement to demonstrate our firm commitment to privacy. We respect your privacy, and understand the concern you, our customers, may have about how your information is used. We value your trust, and take great care in responsibly handling and protecting your data. The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for this website: www.dagcoelectronics.com. By visiting this website, you accept the practices described in this Privacy Statement.
PO Box 247
Leo, IN 46765
How We Gather Personal Customer Data
DAGCO Electronics is the sole owner of the information collected on this website. We will not sell, share, or rent this information to others in ways different from what is disclosed in this statement. The information that customers share enables us to provide a more valuable shopping experience through personalization and performance monitoring. DAGCO Electronics collects information from our users at several different points on our website.
- Registration Page: If we ask for you to register in order to place an order on this website, a user must first complete the registration form. During registration, users are required to give their contact information (including name, email address, phone and fax number). This information is used to contact users about the services on our site for which they have expressed interest. There are also unique identifiers (such as customer number) that are not required, but requested so we can provide a more personalized experience on our site
- Order Form: We request information from the user on our order form. Here a user must provide contact information (including name and billing address), financial information (including credit/debit card number and expiration date), and shipping information (which may be to a third party). This information is merely used for billing purposes and to fulfill a customer’s order. If we have trouble processing an order, we will use this information to contact the customer.
- Email Newsletter: If a user wishes to subscribe to our email newsletter, we ask for that person’s email address. Customers, who have previously ordered from us within the past year and who have not unsubscribed from our email newsletter, may also receive this email newsletter. Those who choose to no longer receive this newsletter may unsubscribe by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Other Emails: For all new registrants, we send a welcome email to verify user-provided information. After a customer places an order, we will send an order confirmation email followed by an order shipment or order cancellation notification email. We occasionally may send website and service announcement update emails. Via email or phone, we will communicate with the user to provide requested services and to cover issues relating to their account.
- Custom Quotes: We request information via the custom cable quote request form. Here a user must provide contact information (including name, address, phone and email) as well as technical data required for efficient quote generation. We then use this information to contact the user for further technical information or to send a job quote.
- Product Reviews: We allow users to leave product reviews and service comments via the website. Providing an email address is optional but if provided we may use this information to contact to you to proactively resolve a product or service issue. All reviews that are submitted are the property of DAGCO Electronics and we reserve the right to use and reproduce these reviews, in whole or in part, with no reference to any personally identifiable information.
- Email to Technical Support: A user may email our customer service department about technical issues concerning our products or pre-sales support. The user volunteers a name, an email address and technical information that may help in answering the user’s questions.
- RMA Request: While we strive for total customer satisfaction, unfortunately a customer may need to return an item for refund or exchange. In this case, the customer may enter contact information (including name and email) and product information to receive an RMA (return merchandise authorization) number that can later be used to process the return.
- Send Us Feedback: We are always eager to hear from our customers. A user may share comments via a form that optionally requests the user’s name and email address. The provided contact information is merely used to respond to the user’s comments.
- Survey: From time-to-time our site requests information from users via surveys. Participation in these surveys is completely voluntary and the user therefore has a choice whether or not to disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as zipcode, age level). Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this site.
- Referral to a Friend: If a user elects to use our referral service for informing a friend about our site, we ask the user for the friend’s name and email address. For each request, DAGCO Electronics will automatically send the friend a one-time email inviting the friend to visit the site. DAGCO Electronics stores this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email, and we will only use this data for the specific reason it was provided. The friend may contact DAGCO Electronics at email@example.com to request the removal of this information from the database. A user may also use a third-party referral service (such as Facebook or Digg). Please understand that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of those third-party sites. You can find out more about how those third-party websites collect and use personal information by visiting those individual websites.
- Testimonials: Customers may share their personal experiences with the usage of our products. These testimonials are monitored to ensure accuracy and to eliminate the use of any objectionable language. We reserve the right to display or remove any testimonial at any time per our discretion. To protect the privacy of these customers while also confirming the validity of the testimonial, only an incomplete reference name with state is displayed with the comments. By sharing the comments, a customer agrees that: The use of the comments, in whole or in part, is at our complete discretion; the use may be locally, nationally, or globally; this use is perpetual and may be assigned to us; the use may occur via any media, whether current or later developed; and this use occurs without compensation.
Sometimes, we obtain customer information from third-party providers to identify potential customers that we may contact via direct mail or email. We knowingly only contact people who have requested third-party marketing communications.
Other non-personal information we collect regards your interactions with our website. Examples of this data include internet protocol (IP) address that connects your computer to the internet, computer and connection information including browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, operating systems, and the referral Uniform Resource Locator (URL) clickstream data to our website. This non-personal information is used internally in aggregate form to analyze trends, administer the site, track general user navigation patterns, and gather broad demographic information for marketing usage.
How We Use This Data
Information we collect online may be used to provide you access to certain parts of the website, to enable you to purchase products from our site, to allow us to fulfill any orders or supply any information you have requested, to collect payment from you as appropriate, to contact you regarding any financial transactions or information requests, to customize your personal online shopping experience, to analyze our performance so we can improve our service level, and to produce aggregate data (that does not include personally identifiable information) for analysis.
We partner with third-party service providers who perform work on our behalf, and share personal information only as necessary for the third party to provide contracted services. These providers may only use the data we provide them to do what is required to assist us. These companies are not allowed to use personally identifiable information except for the purpose of providing these services, and do not retain, share, store or use personally identifiable information for any secondary purposes. We will not knowingly sell or rent your personal information to anyone without your express permission with the exception that we reserve the right to disclose your personal information when, in our judgment, we believe it is necessary or appropriate to prevent injury, harm or fraud to individuals or property; to report activities that we, in good faith, believe to be unlawful; to protect our rights or the rights of others; or to comply as required by law.
How You Can Change Your Information Including Removal From Marketing Communications
You always have the choice to not disclose personal information although it may be required to purchase items or fully utilize some sections of the website. You can access your online information anytime to view and/or modify this data. To remove your name from our email list click the Unsubscribe link located in any promotional email, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Per current law, your request will be honored within 10 business days.
How We Protect Your Security
This website takes every precaution to protect our users’ information. When users submit sensitive information via the website, the information is protected both online and offline.
You can confirm the security of your data when you enter the secure part of a website (any part of a website which can display any personal information). For older browsers such as Internet Explorer version 6, you should see the lock icon at the bottom of the browser become locked (vs. unlocked or open when you are visiting a non-secure page). For newer browsers such as Internet Explorer® version 7 or Mozilla’s Firefox® version 3.0, the URL address bar or the bottom right corner should show a golden lock, and the URL address should be highlighted in green. If the URL address is highlighted in red and/or shows a certificate error message in the address bar or in a popup window, the security for that page may be compromised.
We do not transmit your credit card number when confirming your order. Only the last four digits of your credit card number are revealed on the web order confirmation page. In order to charge your credit/debit card, we securely send the complete credit card number to a third-party credit processing company while following internet best practices.
We also do everything in our power to protect user information offline. All user information, not just the sensitive data mentioned above, is restricted in our offices. We operate in a secured, locked facility. We limit access to personal information so that it is only used by authorized individuals for the appropriate reasons. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, our billing clerk or a customer service representative) are granted access to personally identifiable information. Our employees must use password-protected screensavers when they leave their desk. When they return, they must reenter their password to regain access to user information. Furthermore, ALL employees are kept up-to-date on our security and privacy practices. Every quarter, as well as any time new policies are added, our employees are notified and/or reminded about the importance we place on privacy, and what they can do to ensure our customers’ information is protected. If you have any questions about the security at our website, you can send an email to email@example.com.
How We Protect Children
DAGCO Electronics does not sell products for children to buy. If you are under the age of 18, please use this website only with the direct supervision of a parent or guardian. Per the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), we do not knowingly or intentionally collect personal information online from children under the age of 13. We are committed to protecting the privacy of children.
What Are Cookies and How Are They Used?
A cookie is a small alphanumeric file that is transferred and then stored on the user’s computer hard drive via your web browser. The data stored in the cookie will be linked to the personal information you may provide while visiting our website. The cookie enables our website to simply remember the interests of our users and to recognize a customer so that the website can customize content to enhance and personalize the online experience. For example, by setting a cookie on our site, the user does not have to login a password more than once, thereby saving time while on our site. You may choose to reject the cookie via your browser’s settings; however, you will be limited in the functionality of some areas of the website and will not be able to register or place an order.
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we (DAGCO Electronics) are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites, and that this privacy statement does not cover the usage of cookies by our third-party service providers. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this website. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information.
Notification of Changes
From time to time, we may change our privacy statement. We will maintain the most current version of our privacy statement online at www.dagcoelectronics.com. If at any point we decide to use personally identifiable information in a manner different from that stated at the time it was collected, we will notify users via email. Users will have a choice as to whether or not we use their information in this different manner. We will use information in accordance with the privacy statement under which the information was collected.
Contacting the Website
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this website, or your dealings with this website, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.